Terms & Conditions
This website is operated by Edwards Furniture Group Ltd and is also the trade mark holder of DESKSTOR. As a User of this website you acknowledge that any use of this website including any transactions you make is subject to our terms and conditions.
2. The submission of your order will form an offer to purchase the Goods and our email accepting your order will constitute the formation of a legally binding contract between us.
3. Please note that although this Web Site is tailored towards customers from mainland UK we also make many deliveries to offshore locations including the Islands of Scotland (Shetland, Orkney, Hebrides), Northern Ireland, Isle of Wight, Isles of Scilly, Republic of Ireland, Guernsey and Jersey. You can call us on 0333 200 8717 to get a competitive quote for this service.
- All orders that you place on this Web Site will be subject to acceptance in accordance with these Terms. These Terms may be amended at any time by DESKSTOR
- It is your responsibility to read the Terms every time you place an order. DESKSTOR reserves the right in its absolute discretion at any time and without notice to remove, amend or vary the content, which appears on any page of the Web Site.
- This Web Site is directed towards businesses and it is assumed that each order is placed on behalf of a business. By your acceptance of these terms you confirm that you have the necessary authority to bind the business you are placing the order on behalf of.
- You agree, by your acceptance of these Terms, that any material, information and ideas that you transmit to this Web Site or otherwise shall become and shall remain the property of DESKSTOR.
1. If you wish to register with us you should complete the online registration form giving a user ID and password, which should be kept secure at all times, after which you will become a Registered User.
2. The details provided by you on Registration are important and you confirm and undertake that all such information is true, correct and complete in all respects.
3. You agree to notify us immediately of any changes that are relevant to your registration by updating your details.
1. As a Registered User, you may be eligible to receive details of special offers, promotions and benefits from time to time unless you elect not to by updating your details on this site.
1. The 'Goods' means the items purchased by you from us via this website, the sale and supply of which are subject to these Terms.
- DESKSTOR will sell and you will purchase the Goods on these Terms.
- DESKSTOR reserves the right to make changes in the specification of the Goods which are required to conform to any applicable statutory or EC requirements, or where the Goods are to be supplied to DESKSTOR specifications, which do not materially affect their quality or performance.
Whilst all sizes and measurements are approximate only we will use our best endeavors to ensure that they are as accurate as possible.
1. You will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the terms of any order submitted by you, and for giving any necessary information relating to the Goods and delivery requirements within a sufficient time to enable DESKSTOR to perform the contract in accordance with the Terms.
We do not file details of your order for you to subsequently access direct on this website unless you are a Registered User, in which case you can view all the products ordered on this site by clicking on 'My Account'.
3. Once your order has been submitted, we will email you confirming your order. This confirmation email will form our acceptance of your offer and will constitute the formation of a legally binding contract between us.
1. The price of the Goods will be DESKSTOR quoted price and all prices are subject to VAT.
- Free delivery applies to UK mainland only and for most items to remote areas.
- In the few instances where an extra carriage charge has to be levied e.g. due to remote locations or restricted access we will contact you once your order is placed, at which point you have the option to agree to the charges or cancel the order.
- DESKSTOR reserves the right, by giving notice to you at any time before delivery, to increase the price of the Goods to reflect any increase in the cost to DESKSTOR which is due to any factor beyond the control of DESKSTOR.
- Any increase in price due to a change in delivery dates, quantities or specification of the Goods which is requested by you, or any delay caused by any instructions of you or failure of you to give DESKSTOR adequate information or instructions may also result in an increase in price.
- We try and make sure that all prices on our website are correct but occasionally errors may occur. If we identify a pricing error with the goods you have ordered we will attempt to contact you and you can either accept the correct price and confirm you wish to proceed with the new order or cancel it. If we are unable to contact you we will automatically cancel the order and if a refund is due you will be refunded.
- Our preferred method of payment is by Credit and Debit Card. We accept Visa and MasterCard. If you have signed up for it with your Credit Card company we also use MasterCard SecureCode and Verified by Visa as an extra layer for your personal security when shopping online.
- Please ensure at checkout that the 'Billing Address' is the cardholders address to validate the credit card payment. If you need an Invoice with your company name (if different to your Billing Address) please email us the order number and company address and we will send you a copy.
- All our online credit card transactions are processed through our partners STRIPE ran on the Shopify Payment merchant gateway.
- WorldPay complies fully with all the very latest EU online credit card processing legislation which means your credit card details and security is extremely safe.
- You will then get an order confirmation email from DESKSTOR with your order number, details of the products you ordered and estimated delivery dates.
30-Day Business Account
- New Customers - Companies wishing to apply for a 30-day business account please contact us on 0333 200 8717
- The Public Sector - Council, NHS, MOD, Schools, Universities, Colleges etc qualify for instant credit facilities.
Payment Methods For 30-Day Business Account
- Credit and Debit Card - Call 0333 200 8717 with your credit card details and the invoice number.
- BACS and CHAPS - Make all BACS and CHAPS payments to the following bank account: ????????????
- Cheque - Made payable to Edwards Furniture Group Ltd and sent to: Edwards Furniture Group Ltd, Head Office, Swallowfield Courtyard, 1b, Wolverhampton Rd, Oldbury B69 2JG quoting your invoice number.
- Payment Terms - Strictly 30 days.
- Our FREE Delivery service is available to UK mainland addresses and this extends to the majority of products delivered to remote areas across the country including the Highlands in Scotland.
- In the very rare instances, if there is an issue due to location or restricted access we will inform you once your order has been placed.
- Where possible we offer up to 3 delivery services at the point of ordering:
Economy Delivery - Our most cost effective service. Unless stated in the product description most items are flat packed for easy assembly and delivered to ground floor (if palletised at curb side).
Next Day - The quickest service for those urgent orders. Orders must be processed by the specified times when you place the order. Unless stated in the product description most items are flat packed for easy assembly and delivered to ground floor (if palletised at curb side).
Fully Installed - Our most comprehensive service. This service includes delivery to any floor, all items fully assembled, positioned anywhere in the office and all packaging removed. Please note there are a few office chair products that are delivered to ground floor only with this service. This is clearly stated in the 'Please Note' section when the order is placed.
- We aim to deliver a very high standard of service and we will make every effort to deliver the Goods as near to the specified delivery date as possible, however delays are sometimes inevitable due to unforeseen factors. DESKSTOR will not be liable for any delay in delivery of the Goods how so ever caused.
- Products may be despatched from various regional distribution centres. Therefore orders with multiple items may not all arrive at the same time.
- It will be your responsibility to check that the number of boxes or items delivered matches the accompanying consignment note before signing.
- Deliveries are made Monday - Friday between 8.30am-5.30pm (excluding bank holidays).
We also make many deliveries to non UK mainland locations including the Islands of Scotland (Shetland, Orkney, Hebrides), Northern Ireland, Isle of Wight, Isles of Scilly, Republic of Ireland, Guernsey and Jersey. You can call us on 0333 200 8717to get a competitive quote for this service.
1. When you place an order, we may check your record with a Credit Reference Agency to obtain or update our credit information. Please refer to our Privacy and Security Policy.
Risk & Property
1. Risk of damage to or loss of the Goods will pass to you at the time when DESKSTOR has tendered delivery of the Goods.
- Not withstanding delivery and the passing of risk in the Goods, or any other provision of the Terms, the property in the Goods will not pass to you until DESKSTOR has received cleared funds in full payment of all sums due.
Warranties & Liability
1. Subject to the conditions set out below DESKSTOR warrants that the Goods will correspond with their specification at the time of delivery.
- Where DESKSTOR sells Goods supplied by a Third Party, DESKSTOR does not give any warranty, guarantee or other term as to their quality, fitness for purpose or otherwise, but will assign to you the benefit of the manufacturer’s warranty given by the third party supplying the Goods to DESKSTOR.
- The above warranty will be assigned by DESKTOR subject to the fact that DESKSTOR shall be under no liability in respect of any defect arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, negligence, abnormal working conditions, storage in a hostile environment, failure to follow DESKSTOR instructions or a third party’s instructions (where the Goods have been supplied by a third party to DESKSTOR - whether oral or in writing) misuse or alteration or repair of the Goods without DESKSTOR approval.
- Any claim by you which is based on any defect in the quality or condition of the Goods or their failure to correspond with the specification shall (whether or not delivery is refused by you) be notified to DESKSTOR within 3 days from the date of delivery or (where the defect or failure was not apparent on reasonable inspection) within a reasonable time after discovery of the defect or failure.
- If delivery is not refused and you do not notify DESKSTOR accordingly, you will not be entitled to reject the Goods and DESKSTOR shall have no liability for such defect or failure and you will not be entitled to a refund of the price (if applicable) as if the Goods had not been delivered in accordance with the contract.
- Where any valid claim in respect of any of the Goods which is based on any defect in the quality or condition of the Goods or their failure to meet specification is notified to DESKSTOR in accordance with these terms, DESKSTOR shall be entitled to replace the Goods (or the part in question) free of charge or, at DESKSTOR sole discretion, refund to you the price of the Goods (or a proportionate part of the Goods), but DESKSTOR shall have no further liability to you.
- DESKSTOR shall not be in breach of contract by reason of any delay in performing, or any failure to perform, any of DESKSTOR obligations in relation to the Goods, if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond DESKSTOR reasonable control.
- Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, the following shall be regarded as causes beyond DESKSTOR reasonable control.
Returns & Cancellations
We want all our customers to be satisfied with the quality of our goods and service. We pride ourselves in delivering quality products at very low prices.
- If you are dissatisfied with our service or goods for any reason, please contact customer services on 0333 200 8717
- Any claim by you which is based on missing items, any defect in the quality or condition of the goods or their failure to correspond with the specification shall be notified to us within 3 days from the date of delivery.
- DESKSTOR shall be entitled to replace the goods (or the part in question) free of charge or refund to you the price of the goods (or a proportionate part of the goods).
- You have 10 days to request goods to be cancelled from date of order, or returned from date of receipt. This excludes Made To Order items (see specific terms for these items below).
- Goods may only be returned if they are unused, unassembled, in their original packaging and in a re-saleable condition.
- DESKSTOR reserves the right to charge a handling fee for items cancelled or returned when orders were placed in error or not wanted. This will be deducted from any refund given.
- Proof of return delivery will remain with the buyer. All goods returned will be at the risk of the buyer until actual receipt of the goods to DESKSTOR.
- Returned Goods will only be accepted with the express permission of DESKSTOR. Please call customer services on 0333 200 8717. Goods to be returned will be kept safe and secure until such time as they are collected by us.
- On receipt of returned goods any damage or incomplete items will be deducted from any refund given in addition to the handling fee (if applicable) referred to above.
- We will refund the price of the Goods (if a refund is applicable) to you less any deductions once the Goods have been examined and within 30 days of their collection from you by DESKSTOR.
Made to Order Items
Please note we have a minimal selection of high quality items that are not stock items and are Made to Order only. These items are clearly communicated online in the ‘Please Note’ section when the item is selected.
- Made to Order items cannot be accepted back in to stock unless damaged or faulty and you will receive a full replacement or part in question.
If you need to cancel your Made to Order items for any reason, this can only be accommodated within 24 hours of placing the order.
- Refused deliveries of Made to Order items are not eligible for credit.
- Our Standard Returns & Cancellations Policy does not apply to Made to Order items.
Insolvency Of You
1. The Terms may be terminated by DESKSTOR, if at any time you cease trading, or become apparently insolvent or have a trustee in sequestration appointed, combine with your creditors, or have a liquidator, receiver or administrator appointed over all or any of your assets other than for the purposes of amalgamation or reconstruction or undergo any analogous act or proceeding under foreign law.
1. The contents of these pages are copyright DESKSTOR 2019. You may only download the material and content contained within this site for the purpose of using this site and any other use of the material and content of this site is strictly prohibited, without our prior consent in writing.
By your use of this site you agree not to copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content.
3. None of the content of this web site may be copied or otherwise incorporated into or stored in any other design, logo, web site, electronic retrieval system, publication or other work in any form (whether hard copy, electronic or other).
4. For the avoidance of doubt, linking to or framing of this site or any part of it is not permitted without express permission.
1. This Web Site and all information, names, images, logos and icons is provided on an 'as is' basis without any representation or endorsement made and without any warranty or condition of any kind given, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, any implied warranty of merchantability, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, compatibility, accuracy, currency or non-infringement of any intellectual property right.
2. No information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from DESKSTOR shall give rise to any duty of care, contract, warranty or any other obligation which is not expressly stated. Further, whilst information is given and updated in good faith, DESKSTOR does not warrant that the information contained on this web site will always be complete, accurate, up-to-date or reliable.
- You are solely responsible for the content of any comments made in any transmissions and you are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from this Web Site any unlawful, threatening, libellous, defamatory, inflammatory, pornographic or profane material or any other material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under law.
4. DESKSTOR assumes no responsibility or liability for any information published on this web site and further disclaims all liability in respect of such information. In particular, DESKSTOR hereby excludes all liability for any claims, losses, demands or damages whatsoever in relation to any information, content, advertisements, procedures, products or methods contained in or referred to in the material published on the site.
- DESKSTOR makes no warranty or representation that the use of this web site will be uninterrupted or error free or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
- The contract between us shall be governed by the laws of Scotland and the parties hereby submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.
Edwards Furniture Group Ltd is a Company incorporated in England under Company Number 11317845 with our registered office at Head Office, Swallowfield Courtyard, 1b, Wolverhampton Rd, Oldbury B69 2JG. VAT Reg. No. 294 5326 78